Thursday, 23 March 2017

Sailing Weekend In Picton


Sailing Weekend In Picton

On an early Friday morning my dad and I set out for a long journey down to the South Island for the Picton Interislander sailing regatta.


We stayed at a top 10 Holiday park. We were placed in a tiny cabin that only had 2 bunk beds in it and no toilets, sink or shower. However it did have a kettle that we used to keep our water in.


There were two days of racing and on the first day there was barely any wind, which made it frustrating for a tall boy like me in an optimist. There were about 40 boats racing. My best place in a race that day was 2nd, but I did get a 12th as well.


The second day had a bit more breeze in the morning, but it picked up a lot
near midday. We all set out with a smile on our faces...I did pretty well that day. I got a 2nd, 4th, and 10th.


While my dad was kindly unrigging my boat, I ran to check the score sheet. As I walked back to him, I saw him and pulled up three fingers. Then I lept at him for a huge hug. We both shouted, “3rd place, 3rd place, 3RD PLACE!!!” Later that day Dad cooked some fish, lamb and bacon on the BBQ. Then I took a dip in the pool  to cool off.


By the way I got a bronze medal for coming 3rd and a gold medal for coming 1st in the 11 year olds.


What fun I had with my dad in Picton!

By Jack Parr

5 comments:

  1. cool Jack that must have been a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jack, you did fantastically well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow jack you came second out of 72 sailers!

    ReplyDelete